Sanded & Industrial - Select / Plug & Touch Sand (PTS) CSA/PS-1
Richply Select & PTS Sheathings are the next grade up from our Standard Sheathings. Our Select sheathings are constructed using specially selected face veneers that are repaired prior to cleaning and sizing in our sander in order to provide a smooth solid surface with a solid tight knot appearance. This process is also commonly referred to as Plug & Touch Sand (PTS).
Richply Select and PTS panels are particularly well suited to industrial applications such as materials handling, agriculture, and transportation applications. The smooth sanded surfaces help reduce damage to materials being handled or transported. For example, snag and splinter free panel surfaces can reduce costly damage to boxed or bagged goods, fruits and vegetables.
Richply’s Select and PTS grades are available in both Douglas Fir and Canadian Softwood (CSP) species and are produced to CSA and US PS-1 product standards.
Richply Select and PTS panels are structural panels rated for use as underlayment beneath carpeting or exterior vinyl decking or combined sub-floor and underlayment beneath tile and resilient flooring. It is also suitable for laminating, soffits, fascia, and a wide range of industrial applications such as furniture, laminates, and cabinetry.
In materials handling applications, Richply Select and PTS panels are used in pallets, pallet bins and tanks, liquid tanks, crating, shelving and cable reels.
In the agriculture industry, Richply Select and PTS panels are used for farm service buildings, animal shelters, and granular storage bins.
Richply Select and PTS panels are also popular in transportation applications such as lining for trucks, trailers, vans, railcars and recreational vehicles. Sanded plywood delivers superior strength and stiffness without sacrificing weight.
- Sanded Surface – smooth, solid surface that reduces damage to commodities and materials from snags or splinters.
- Light Weight – excellent strength-to-weight ratio; a 3/4” D.Fir panel typically weighs less than 66 lbs and a 3/4” Spruce panel typically weighs less than 58 lbs.
- Workability – plywood is easy to handle and work with, and can be cut into almost any shape or size.
- Strength – plywood is stronger than substitute wood based panels in the four engineering strength properties of bending, tension, compression, and planar shear.
- Durability – plywood is highly impact-resistant.
- NAUF – manufactured with no added urea-formaldehyde.
Richply Select and PTS panels are available in DFP SEL, CSP SEL, CC-PTS, and Structural-1 grades in standard 4’ x 8’ (1220x2440mm) sheets in the following thicknesses:
|Nominal Thickness||# of
|Weight per Sheet|
|3/8”||9.5mm||3 or 4||80||33.6||15.2|
|1/2”||12.5mm||4 or 5||60||44.8||20.3|
|3/4”||18.5mm||6 or 7||40||64.4||29.2|
** weights are approximate and subject to change
Richply Select and PTS panels are available with Easy T&G™ profiles for panel thicknesses ≥ 1/2” (12.5mm).
- Easy T&G – Roof eliminates the need for H-clips, prevents buckling and wedging, and enables fast problem free installation.
- Easy T&G – Floor has a self-spacing profile for uniform, ridge-free surfaces. Full-Face T&G available upon request.