Construction Sheathing - Douglas Fir Plywood (DFP) CSA-0121
Richply DFP Standard Sheathing is an un-sanded structural panel for the construction industry. DFP Sheathing panels may contain limited size knots, knot holes and other wood characteristics that do not affect the panel’s physical properties or performance in structural construction assemblies.
Plywood is the original engineered wood product. It is manufactured by laminating layers of wood veneer and phenolic resin adhesive under heat and pressure to form a cross-laminated panel where the grain direction of each layer of veneer is perpendicular to that of the adjacent layers. Once cured, the phenolic resin adhesive will not be affected by moisture and will not readjust if reheated; giving Richply DFP Standard an Exterior glue bond rating.
The cross-lamination panel layup provides excellent two-way strength and stiffness properties, resistance to impact damage, and dimensional stability when gaining or losing moisture.
Richply DFP Standard Sheathing is produced to manufacturing standard CSA-0121 Douglas Fir Plywood and is constructed using Douglas Fir faces and backs, with inner plies consisting of either Douglas Fir or other specially selected Canadian softwood species.
Richply DFP Standard Sheathing is a structural panel rated for use as a load-bearing component for roof, wall, and floor assemblies in single-family and multi-family construction. It is also suitable for use in a wide range of industrial applications such as furniture and materials handling where plywood’s strength-to-weight ratio is an advantage.
- Swell Resistance – when exposed to moisture, plywood is a highly stable panel which returns to its original dimensions after it dries. Plywood is up to 7x more resistant to thickness swell than substitute wood-based panels.
- Light Weight – plywood weighs up to 40% less than substitute wood-based panels of equivalent thickness.
- Strength – plywood is stronger than substitute wood-based panels in the four engineering strength properties of bending, tension, compression, and planar shear.
- Durability – plywood is highly impact-resistant.
- NAUF – manufactured with no added urea-formaldehyde.
Richply DFP Sheathing is available in standard 1220x2440mm or 610x2440mm sheets in the following thicknesses:
|Nominal Thickness||# of
|Weight per Sheet|
|12.5mm||1/2”||4 or 5||60||20.3||44.8|
** weights are approximate and subject to change
Richply DFP Sheathing is available Tongue-and-Groove (T&G) 2-long-sides for panel thicknesses ≥ 12.5mm.
- Easy T&G™ Roof eliminates the need for H-clips, prevents buckling and wedging, and enables fast problem free installation.
- Easy T&G™ Floor has a self-spacing profile for uniform, ridge-free surfaces.