Richply Ultra HDO Plus 2-Step High Density Overlay is durable concrete forming panel recommended when higher reuse and concrete appearance are the most important criteria. Ultra HDO Plus is constructed using 100% high quality Douglas Fir veneers resulting in a premium concrete-forming plywood panel characterized by superior strength, stiffness, impact resistance, and durability. Douglas Fir is the ideal species for concrete-forming applications. Even in wet service conditions such as concrete formwork, Douglas Fir is one of the strongest softwood species available; stable, stiff, with high strength values in bending, tension, horizontal sheer and compression.
Ultra HDO Plus 2-Step provides a consistent semi-gloss finish that is readily paintable and uniform in terms of colour and smoothness with less telegraphing and modest grain/patch transfer to the concrete surface.
Ultra HDO Plus is available 1-Side or 2-Sides in a variety of overlay combinations to accommodate specific reuse and concrete finish requirements: 100/30 and 100/100. The numbers represent the combined weight of paper and resin per thousand square feet where the first number corresponds to the face of the panel and the second number to the back.
Ultra HDO Plus is manufactured according to CSA-0121 Douglas Fir Plywood and US Voluntary Product Standard PS-1 to meet or exceed the requirements for COFIFORM SP PLUS and STRUCTURAL-1 panel ratings.
Richply Ultra HDO Plus is widely used in both vertical and horizontal formwork applications. Ultra HDO’s enhanced resistance to abrasion and alkalinity of concrete mixes makes it the ideal panel for high-rise and large-scale projects where longer life and high reuse is expected. Ultra HDO Plus is suitable for use in Gang Forms, Tables, Fliers, and Columns.
Features and Benefits:
- Durability – Ultra HDO Plus provides enhanced resistance to alkalinity and abrasion from the concrete mix and typically give up 10-20 reuses; subject to the overlay combination, application, service conditions, and jobsite care and handling practices.
- Superior Masking – sanded 2-Step plywood substrate combined with overlay combination provides improved surface quality for exposed concrete surfaces.
- Overlay Combinations – Ultra HDO Plus is high versatile and available 1-Side or 2-Sides in a variety of overlay configurations (100/30 and 100/100) to accommodate specific reuse and concrete finish requirements.
- Form Release – Ultra HDO Plus is not factory release coated with release agent and therefore should be lightly coated prior to the first use as well as each subsequent use with a chemically active form release agent (Nox-Crete®). Richply discourages the use of diesel fuel or motor oil as these will reduce the expected service life of the panels.
- Factory Edge-Sealed – Ultra HDO Plus is factory edge-sealed for highly alkaline wet conditions. Cut or exposed edges should be resealed to prevent moisture ingress and swelling.
Richply Ultra HDO Plus 2-Step High Density Overlay Concrete Form is available 1-Side or 2-Sides in standard 4’x8’ sheets (1220x2440mm) in the following thicknesses:
|Nominal Thickness||# of
|Weight per Sheet (100/30)|
|5/8”||15.5mm||5 or 7||53||61.6||27.9|
** Weights are approximate and subject to change. Add 2.2 lbs (1.0 kg) per sheet for 2-Sides.