Construction Sheathing - Select / Plug & Touch Sand
Richply Select & PTS Sheathings are the next grade up from our Standard Sheathings. Our Select sheathings are constructed using specially selected face veneers that are repaired prior to cleaning and sizing in our sander in order to provide a smooth solid surface with a solid tight knot appearance. This process is also commonly referred to Plug & Touch Sanding (PTS).
Richply Select and PTS panels are particularly well suited to construction applications such as flooring underlayment, combined subfloor and underlayment assemblies, and sheathing. Our self-spacing tongue-and-groove (Easy T&G™) profile allows easy and quick installation.
Richply’s Select and PTS grades are available in both Douglas Fir and Canadian Softwood (CSP) species and are produced to CSA and US PS-1 product standards.
Richply Select and PTS panels are structural panels rated for use as underlayment beneath carpeting or exterior vinyl decking or combined sub-floor and underlayment beneath tile and resilient flooring. It is also suitable for laminating, soffits, fascia, and a wide range of industrial applications such as furniture, materials handling and transportation industries.
- Swell Resistance – when exposed to moisture, plywood is a highly stable panel which returns to its original dimensions after it dries. Plywood is up to 7x more resistant to thickness swell than substitute wood-based panels.
- Light Weight – plywood weighs up to 40% less than substitute wood-based panels of equivalent thickness.
- Strength – plywood is stronger than substitute wood-based panels in the four engineering strength properties of bending, tension, compression, and planar shear.
- Durability – plywood is highly impact-resistant.
- NAUF – manufactured with no added urea-formaldehyde.
Richply Select and PTS panels are available in CC-PTS and Structural-I grades in standard 4’ x 8’ (1220x2440mm) sheets in the following thicknesses:
|Nominal Thickness||# of
|Weight per Sheet|
|1/2”||12.5mm||4 or 5||60||44.8||20.3|
** weights are approximate and subject to change
Richply Select and PTS panels are available Tongue-and-Groove (T&G) 2-long-sides for panel thicknesses ≥ 1/2” (12.5mm).
- Easy T&G™ Roof eliminates the need for H-clips, prevents buckling and wedging, and enables fast problem free installation.
- Easy T&G™ Floor has a self-spacing profile for uniform, ridge-free surfaces. Full-Face T&G available upon request.